The rules and or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events, to
establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and
by participating in these events. No express or implied warranty of safety shall result from publication of or
compliance with these rules or regulations. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in
no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant, spectator, or official. The word "track" shall mean Talladega Short Track.
2013 Hot Shot Rules and Specifications (Buzz Car)
New For 2014: Rear Wheel Drive OK, 102" Wheel Base Max. - No GM Rear Wheel Drives
- 96 inch minimum wheelbase.
- NO low profile such as Camaro, Firebird, or Mustang.
- Front & Rear Tow Loop Required for wrecker purposes.
- MUST be stock for make (Chevy in Chevy, Ford in Ford, Buick in Buick, etc.)
- NO modifications.
- V6 or 4 cylinder engines only.
- Fuel injection only. No carburetor allowed. No Turbos.
- Stock exhaust must run at least past the driver’s doorpost.
- Stock air filter and breather.
- Stock ignition.
- Alternator must work and be in original position.
- Battery must remain in original position.
- Stock automatic or stock standard transmission.
- Front wheel drive only.
- Rear-end must be stock for make and model.
SUSPENSION AND FRAME:
- NO altering in any way.
- Stock shocks in stock position.
- No adjustable or aluminum shocks.
- 2 door or 4 door.
- All glass must be removed. Windshield may remain if desired.
- May remove back seat, but cover opening with metal.
- Doors MUST be welded shut.
- Dash must remain intact.
- NO cutting of body anywhere.
- Driver’s door may be hulled out for roll cage.
- Four point cage may be used. 1 ¾” diameter steel pipe minimum.
- 4" rollover bar may be used also. If using 4" rollover bar an 18 inch wide 3/8” thickness steel plate must be welded or bolted to outside of driver’s door. Plate must extend 18 inches to the front and 18 inches to the rear of door seams.
- Seat belt and harness required. Belts must be minimum of 3 inches wide.
- Racing seat allowed or stock factory seat OK.
- Steering wheel center must be padded.
- Fuel cell may be used. If fuel cell is used it must be mounted inside a 0.20 gauge metal box secured by 1 inch steel straps.
- Approved helmet and fire suit required.
- Fire extinguisher REQUIRED and must be within driver’s reach.
- Steel wheels only.
- Maximum 7 inch width wheel, 1" Tolerance. May be double centered.
- Oversized lug nuts recommended.
- Maximum size P235 70 R15 Highway DOT only.
- NO RACING TIRES! IMCA G60 Tires Ok
- ALL 4 tires MUST be same size (example: 15,14, or 13 inch all the way around).
- Must remain stock for make and model of car.
- NO adjusters.
THE DRIVER WHO WINS THE WEEK BEFORE WILL BE INVERTED THE FOLLOWING WEEK….NUMBER OF CARS TO BE INVERTED WILL BE ANNOUNCED
This will apply to championship races. Therefore, the first place finisher of the race before the championship will be inverted.
ALL DECISIONS OF THE OFFICIALS SHALL BE FINAL
THIS IS A STOCK CLASS
EVERYTHING MUST BE STOCK UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE ABOVE
IF IN DOUBT, DON’T DO IT
IF IT’S NOT STOCK, IT’S NOT LEGALAL