Congratulations To The Winners!
Photos Courtesy Of Glenn F. Katauskas Photography
Pearl Makes A Gem Of A Finish
Eastaboga, AL (March 16, 2013) – Points season started with the roar of the cars, and fans shouting for their favorite driver and teams.
Crate Late Models lined the front stretch of Talladega Short Track to prepare for the 20 lap feature event. After two heat races leading up to the feature event the field was locked where the drivers would start their main feature event. Grant Pearl (Anniston, AL) started on the pole position with Gathen Burns (Piedmont, AL) outside front row. After a parade lap, Race Control instructed the drivers that the green flag was out. After two restarts due to a couple of cars spinning out in the rear of the field, the race was on. Grant Pearl drove hard to dominate this event. When the checkered flag came out, Grant Pearl drove his car to Victory Lane to celebrate. Second Place went to Gathen Burns and third place to Jimmy "Scotter" Elkins (Talladega, AL).
Tim Busha (Boaz, AL) took home the winnings from the Chevrolet Of Boaz Super Late Model Division, second place went to Jason Wilson (Margaret, AL), and third place to Logan Yates (Delta, AL).
Adam Cummings (Springville, AL) drove his car hard coming from the second row outside to take the win in the Sportsman Division. Second place winnings went to Dustin Stewart (Eastaboga, AL) and third place to Jamie Gowers (Pell City, AL).
In the Thunder 92.7 FM Thunder Car Division, Zach Shelton (Dallas, GA) took home the first place winnings, second place, Jeff Chumley (Attalla, AL) and third went to Eric Smith (Ohatchee, AL).
Josh McBride (Odenville, AL) takes home his second win of the season in the Dorsey Supermarket Hot Shot Division, second place winnings went to Damond Cottingham (Ashville, AL) and third to Garrett Lloyd. Katelyn Pressley (Munford, AL) won the Trophy Dash.
Brandon Wells (Columbiana, AL) drove his car starting 4th row inside to take first place in the Ponder Agency Farmers Insurance of Oxford Street Stock Division. Richard Mayes second place and third place to Phillip Haynes.
Talladega Short Track returns to racing action on Saturday, March 23, 2013 with the regular weekly divisions. Everyone is invited to come out for a family night of dirt track racing. Gates open at 5 PM. To find the latest information, up coming events and admissions, visit our website at http://www.talladegashorttrack.com or call our race hot line for recorded information at: (256) 831- 1413.
TALLADEGA SHORT TRACK
March 16, 2013
1) Grant Pearl 2) Gathen Burns 3) Jimmy Elkins 4) Adam Gauldin 5) Brian Ponder 6) Josh Watson 7) Mike Combs 8) Ken Pate 9) Ivan Meeks 10) Thomas Grau 11) Brad Whittle 12) Maddox Mullinax 13) Dustin Knighten.
CHEVEROLTE OF BOAZ SUPER LATEMODELS
1) Tim Busha 2) Jason Wilson 3) Logan Yates 4) Ross Martin 5) Tim Roszell 6) Dillon Crim 7) Terry Smith 8) Ted Lackey 9) Todd Watson 10) Chris Thomas 11) Danny Peoples 12) Chris Jones 13) Rod Carroll 14) Wren Turner 15) T.J. Alford.
1) Adam Cummings 2) Dustin Stewart 3) Jamie Gowers 4) David Kay 5) Dylan Smith 6) Jonathan Chapman 7) Cameron Heath 8) Bubba Lackey 9) Carl Hickman 10) Gordy Dodd 11) Ricky Tillery 12) Blake Hood 13) John Stewart.
THUNDER 92.7 FM WTDR THUNDERCARS
1) Zack Shelton 2) Jeff Chumley 3) Eric Smith 4) Matt Nicholson 5) Robert George 6) Steven Morrow 7) Cameron Tanner.
FARMERS INSURANCE OF OXFORD STREET STOCKS
1) Brandon Wells 2) Richard Mayes 3) Phillip Haynes 4) Joseph Champion 5) Gavin Ogle 6) Jackson Renyolds 7) Jason Hickman 8) Nick McGuire.
DORSEYS SUPERMARKET HOT SHOTS
1) Josh McBride 2) Damond Cottingham 3) Garrett Lloyd 4) Corey Pressley 5) Chase McAvoy 6) Mark McBride 7) Terry Graves 8) Cruz Skinner 9) Jacob Catlett 10) Christy Graves 11) Alex McQueen 12) Katelyn Pressley 13) Andrew Tuck 14) Thomas Champion 15) David Clark 16) Quenton Wooten 17) Josh Drew.
DORSEYS SUPERMARKET HOT SHOTS - Trophy Dash
1) Katelyn Pressley 2) Quenton Wooten 3) Mark McBride.